Google+ Hangouts is an amazing method for you or your whole class to collaborate and communicate in any subject and for anything. It’s all about content, creativity, engagement, and of course, being a Google for Education school (and having G+ available). If your school is K-8, students CANNOT have G+ accounts (13 or older) but teachers have the ability to utilize their teacher Google account (instead of signing up for Skype, Apple, Ustream…) and connect your class to do amazing and differentiate their discussions. High schools and colleges it’s open for any users (as long as G+ is available).
Google Hangout: instant message style chat or video broadcast chat with up to 15 people (GAFE) at the same time. Incorporate screen sharing, remote desktop connecting, working on a Google Drive file, watch a YouTube video, and much more. View more
Google Hangout On Air: video broadcast chat with up to 15 people (GAFE) at the same time. Incorporate screen sharing, remote desktop connecting, working on a Google Drive file, watch a YouTube video, and much more. Also is live streamed to whomever has the video link, saved in your YouTube account, and allows the opportunity to moderate the video conference. View moreWorks on any device via Google + or get the app for
- Computer (Chrome Web Store)
- Chromebook (Chrome Web Store)
- Android (Google Play)
- Apple iOS (App Store)
- Outlook Plugin (Google Apps)
- Video broadcasting projects, collaborate with classes in your school, district, state, world learning about different cultures, virtual pen pals, video debates, learning about careers, really anything.
- Take your students on virtual field trips anywhere at anytime.
- Differentiate a discussion with a hangout to get students more engaged in a subject.
- Use it as a method for classroom management or positive reinforcement.
- Differentiate how you meet as a teaching team/department/PLN.
- Summer meetings, or virtual PD
- Stream school events (graduation, sports, concerts, spelling bee, etc)
- So much you can do!