As we educate our students, friends, and colleagues in Chrome usage and productivity… tab extensions are essential. I encourage so many people to think smarter not harder with utilizing multi-tab browsing with everyday or researching tasks. However, just opening up a few tabs to do some web searching still doesn’t yield any “wow results” with my students or teachers.
Since I’m a huge advocate for Chrome, I continually explore, test the boundaries, research and inform my audience with amazing extensions that are more than “just neat” and more “meaningful tools”.
When it comes to
Tabs Galore Moments
Here are a few awesome extensions that provide time savers and wow factors.
- Too many tabs, use OneTab to consolidate and open the websites you need open.
- Save a list of websites.
- Share a saved list of websites to students, colleagues, or friends.
- Name your saved OneTab for specific tasks, purposes, and/or to organize.
- Consolidate tabs into one button.
- Preset your web resources for your next day you teach or present.
- Always have access to your TabCloud presets from the past.
- Cannot share your TabCloud presets.
- Name your TabCloud presets to any specific task, presentation, purpose, and/or to organize.
Google Cast is not a tab management extension, however it is an essential tool when you or your classroom want to project your/their screen to the whole class. Schools that use Chromebooks have either the option to connect to the TV or projector via hdmi or connect wirelessly with a Chromecast.
- Wirelessly project “cast” one tab at a time (best performance)
- Wirelessly project “cast” your entire screen with experimental mode.
Depends on the User
- Save a tab for a later date/time for any research, task, or classwork you or your students are doing.
- Need to give student(s) a break.
- Don’t really want to bookmark but need to get back to your task soon.
- Get notified when you need to go back to work.
- Efficiently quick find a letter, word, phrase, subject without clicking on each tab.
- Would like to add more but really it’s made for one purpose.