There is no tool as simple and powerful as a Google Form when it comes to disseminating and obtaining data. Today’s post focuses on a simple methodology in getting your classroom to connect and learn from/with a global audience.
- What is the thesis/objective your classroom wants an to answer/achieve? In all honesty, this challenge can be very simple or as complex as you want it to be but will essentially guide the rest of the project.
- As class, collectively setup a Google Form with questioning that will provide informational data that tells the story of your classroom objective (remember items such as location, descriptions, even image uploads). How you setup this Form is completely up to your comfort: share a Form with your class, open discussion while projecting and creating questions as a whole group, or have students share questions to ask with you.
Note: since you will be asking a large audience questions, you may want to keep your Form relatively short without asking for personal information such as email requirement.
- Share your Form with through diverse media sources: social media, friends/family, online communities, and/or other PLN’s that you recognize. When sharing the more you illustrate to your audience this is a classroom project giving students an opportunity to learn from a global authentic audience.
Review & Create:
- After you have received enough form submissions and as a safe guard, (teacher first) review data collected to weed out any submissions that may not be appropriate for the project.
- Next, share the Google Sheet created from the form with your students for classroom discussion and reflection.
- Now it’s time to create the product through creating an interactive Map.
Within the past month, Google release an even more engaging product for creation called Tour Creator . With Tour Creator teacher/students can share the narrative of what was learned through a virtual reality experience. Instead of plotting points on a map, you can look around within the space, add text descriptions, voice over, insert images, and even add theme music.