During the week of December 6th – 10th students participate in the “Hour of Code” yearly event. The Hour of Code began as a one-hour coding challenge to give students a fun first introduction to computer science and has become a global learning event, celebration, and awareness event.
Students have various coding resources available to try out exploring the world of Computer Science while providing students with soft skills learning experiences of problem solving and perseverance.
Code.org: Fantastic Coding Dashboard
Code.org provides a diverse coding dashboard for all types of coding learners. Within the learning dashboard users can
- Select age/grade appropriate activities
- Select coding comfort (beginner, comfortable)
- Select activities that work with your device
- Differentiate between lesson and self paced activity
- Activity length and coding language style.
Hosting Variety of Coding Resources
Code.org offers built in coding activities however they do host links to other fantastic organizations including: Tynker, Kodable, Scratch, Code Combat, and much more!