An awesome update released in Google Classroom recently! If your education domain has Google Meet available for staff and students, teachers can now turn on a dedicated Google Meet within their Google Classroom.
How to Turn On Google Meet in Google Classroom?
- Open your Google Classroom
- Select settings (top right)
- Locate the Meet section and turn it on.
How a Teacher Starts a Meet from Classroom?
- Go to Classwork section.
- Click on Meet (top of page)
- Join your Google Meet.
Notes: with the new update, students can only join after the teachers starts/joins the meeting.
How do Students Join?
- Students visit your Google Classroom.
- Click the Classwork Tab.
- Select the Google Meet (camera icon)
- Join the Google Meet.
Important Steps Ending the Meeting
It is very important for teachers to follow these steps when ending a Google Meet.
- Have all students exit the Google Meet.
- Teacher will need to exit the Google Meet last.
Important Awareness Notes
- There are a few seconds to minute delay on when the Google Meet passcode expires.
- If you are concerned about students joining the Meet within this window you can revisit the Class Settings section in Google Classroom and reset the link for Google Meet.